Please read these rules (the Rules) before submitting your Art Wort to The Artist contest. These are General Rules governing all contests hosted by Shubh Labh NGO unless so specified in the Specific Rules that may be applicable to individual contests. By participating in the contests, you understand, acknowledge and unconditionally agree to abide by the following Rules:
WHO MAY ENTER
The contest is open only to individuals bearing Indian Citizenship. You need to complete the registration process at https://shubhlabh.ngo. There might be a stepwise registration system for which you may get digital notification depending upon your clearing the levels for the contest.
HOW TO ENTER
Each entry consists of an entry form followed by entry fee (as applicable) To enter, visit https://shubhlabh.ngo; complete an entry form with the required information, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, and artwork caption; and submit in accordance with the instructions that follow.
BASIC SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES FOR ARTWORK
1. The contests are open for online submissions only, through the contest page available on the website [https://shubhlabh.ngo]
2. Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
3. Artworks must be submitted in proper format and dimensions which can be hosted at the website.
4. You may submit only ONE entry per contest unless specifically mentioned otherwise in the contest specific rules. However, you will be able to upload and submit more than one entry using the website’s registration and upload function.
5. You are required to provide a unique title & description for the artwork submitted.
6. All submitted images of artwork must contain the original EXIF metadata information. However, there must be no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the image. If found, even the live entry can be barred from the final consideration for the winner list.
7. Basic editing, including colour enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the image(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the images(s).
8. Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited.
9. Every image uploaded is subject to a moderation process before it becomes visible on the contest page. Shubh Labh NGO reserves the right to assess and disregard any submitted artwork at our its discretion.
10. Artwork that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral traditions and practices of India, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded.
12. A participant who submits any such artwork which does not abide by the rules indicated above may be permanently banned, subject to Shubh Labh NGO’s discretion, from participating in ongoing and future contests.
The entries in each Category (Painting, Dance, Singing, Photography etc) will be judged separately, in accordance with the Judging Criteria. Entries must be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address. submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider. The NGO reserves the right to examine the original artwork/source material in order to confirm compliance with these rules.
1. The Shubh Labh NGO will appoint a judge/judges for each contest and its respective levels. This will comprise of members of the editorial team and/or external judges.
2. The judging panel shall assess and determine the winning artworks. The results and the winners will be announced on the website.
3. The decision of Shubh Labh NGO judging panel will be final and binding on all Participants with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. The committee may decide to take public opinion using online voting or discussion. The decision of judging panel will be final in every aspect of listing the qualified contestants for next or final level.
4. Online voting (if used) will be only a helping medium to take public opinion. Accordingly, the number of votes or likes shall not be considered as the deciding factor for selection or qualifying any entry. Using any promotional source in either format may be digital, print, viral messaging or paid medium of advertisement to induce the voting/liking of entry will be considered as unfair means. If found, the specific entry can be barred from the ongoing and all future contest and no communication will be entertained in this regard.
5. Shubh Labh NGO reserves the right to call for original JPEG or RAW files with unchanged EXIF for the purpose of authentication. An image may be disregarded if this information cannot be provided.
6. Judging may consist of three-found rounds of evaluation following the certain criteria of evaluation. The entries selected in any round will proceed to the next round and so on. In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be re-submitted to the Judges for a re-judging between the tied entries alone. Decisions of the Judges are final and binding.
7. Potential winners shall be required to sign and return within ten (10) days following an attempted notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, Warranty of Ownership and License, and Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) in which the entrant warrants that he/she is the owner of the artwork (and all the intellectual property rights in the artwork submitted) and grants to Shubh Labh NGO and its licensees the License. Failure to execute and deliver any required documents to NGO by the specified deadline may result in disqualification from the Contest, and selection of an alternate potential winner. No prize transfer, assignment, or substitution by winners permitted. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, NGO, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the original prize (or that part of the prize) with an alternative prize of equal or greater monetary value.
NONCOMPLIANCE OR RETURN OF PRIZE NOTIFICATION AS UNDELIVERABLE, WHETHER BY REGULAR MAIL OR BY E-MAIL, MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION AND SELECTION OF AN ALTERNATE POTENTIAL WINNER.
1. Prizes (if any) will be shipped/transferred for free within India.
2. Any state/ provincial/ territorial, and/or local taxes, fees and surcharges and taxes (including income tax) on any prize that may be awarded to You under the Contest will be solely paid by You.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
1. Submitted artwork must be original, created and/or taken by the contestant. It must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
2. Shubh Labh NGO respects contestants’ copyrights and copyrights shall remain vested with the creator of the artwork. Upon making the submission, you grant Shubh Labh NGO, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, to promote the contest, image or for editorial or educative use.
3. The contestant will be credited wherever the image is used.
1. You hereby hold harmless, release, indemnify and discharge Shubh Labh NGO and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers and representatives from all liability, claims, judgments, demands, controversies, agreements, damages, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related in any way to the contest or the conduct of the contest and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded, whether in law or in equity, no matter what the cause or nature, and You further waive any claims that You may state or assert against Shubh Labh NGO in association with the contest or any of its associated activities, or in any way related to or resulting from the contest even if such injury or claims results from or is caused by the negligence or gross negligence of Shubh Labh NGO, in whole or in part, due to human error or otherwise. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Shubh Labh NGO from any claim arising out of your participation in the contest including, without limitation, all claims brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury or loss that You or they may sustain in any way associated with your participation in the contest.
2. Under no circumstance will Shubh Labh NGO be liable for any:
a) lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete Submissions
b) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submitted artwork(s);
c) problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing;
d) incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the artwork and/or the Submissions; and/or
e) injury or damage to any Participant or to any computer related to, resulting from or in connection with the Contest.
3. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of being conducted as anticipated, due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Shubh Labh NGO, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, Shubh Labh NGO reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest as deemed appropriate, disqualify any Participant, and/or select winners from all eligible artworks submitted prior to the termination, cancellation, modification or suspension. Shubh Labh NGO reserves the right to correct any typo-graphical, printing, computer programming or operating errors at any time.
The Contest, Your Submission(s) and the Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Indian laws. Any aspects or disputes arising out of or in connection with the contest and/or your submission(s) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the India courts.